Thursday, February 25

Royal Mail Letters – Resourcing team

The team of 55 people under took 6 challenges in one day. The Defuze centre in Coventry supports families who have suffered from Domestic Abuse – below are some comments from the Mums, Children and support workers -

I wish to convey special thanks to you and your team on behalf of the parent’s and their children, my staff and myself for a fantastic experience and wonderful opportunities for our families and our organisation.

The fact that the Challenge took place at all was amazing given the various hurdles we met along the way, particularly the dreadful weather/travel conditions and illness. These were met with such resilience, enthusiasm and resolve from everyone concerned.

As you can well imagine we have already received considerable feedback by telephone from the families and the volunteers. Everyone is talking with such passion about the experiences with your individual teams, here are some of the comments I have received over today’’. Susan Parkes, Barnardo’s Children’s Service Manager

Mums:
 It was so beautiful to have all of those people in my home to help me. They were very, very nice people. My children were so excited when they got home, they loved their wardrobes.

At first I was a bit overwhelmed to have so many people in my home but they were so nice to me. Nothing was too much trouble. They were so easy to talk to and they worked really hard. I’m going to write a letter to thank them. It’s like 60 minute makeover on the telly.

They were all really nice people, everyone got on with each other and were very positive. Nothing was too much trouble. There was a lovely atmosphere in my home yesterday. The kids loved it when they got home. We think our dining room is really posh. I can’t believe how much they did in a day and what a good job they made of it. Can I send a thank you card to them? I want to write to the Coventry Telegraph and tell them how great Royal Mail is.

The Children were over the moon when they came home. My son went to bed at 7.30pm and didn’t come downstairs all night... he never does that! I couldn’t sleep last night I was so excited. I have moved so many times and always had to do this myself it was so supportive to have this help and I feel that there is light at the end of the tunnel. It’s amazing how different the house feels now it has been freshened up. They even fixed a door for me which wasn’t on the list. It’s really cheered me and my children up.

Children:
 I have to put my clothes in now Mum, I love my room. 

I’m going to sleep with my hippo…. And she did

I love this room Mum, my curtains are ace (Liverpool FC)

The three boys ran all over the house and then helped mum put the personal belongings back together. They said they loved the painting and the dining room.

I do love my room Mum.

What an improvement, I love the pink. My curtains are really silky and the room is so much brighter


Staff and co-residents of Cornerstone Centre
What a difference!

It’s so modern and fresh now

Children are going to feel more comfortable in here.

I think children are more likely to talk and be more open if they are comfortable. It feels kind of safe.

We need to change the name of the room, it doesn’t go anymore; let’s have a competition for children to name it. 

We could never have achieved anything like this ourselves.

They worked really hard and they were good fun.


I hope that you got a feel for the difference this will make the families who have all suffered in various ways. Thank you for making it so much easier for them to have visitors in their home through the respect, generosity and kindness your teams afforded them. At Defuze our families had a great day, as did our staff and volunteers. Many thanks for your continued support to Barnardo’s we think you are all fabulous’’.

If you would like to get involved in a project like this and really make a difference to a child’s life – give Sue Cullen a ring on 07725 704750

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.